Arizona District NATS Student Auditions (Spring 2016 Classical)
February 5-6, 2016
Hosted by Valley of the Sun Chapter at Chandler-Gilbert Community College (Pecos Campus) – 2626 E Pecos Rd Chandler AZ, 85225
Scheduling is in the final stage!
Student Auditions Schedules will be available today (Friday) 1/22/16 by 7pm. The Judges Schedule will be finalized by tomorrow (Saturday) 1/23/16 at 7pm.
Documents for Download:
- Inspire and encourage students and teachers to continue their dedication to, and growth in, the art of singing.
- Create a collegial and supportive atmosphere that encourages excellent artistic singing.
- Provide constructive, written feedback from a panel of experienced and impartial adjudicators.
- Recognize and honor outstanding performances.
Dr. Susan Hurley will lead the Workshop on Saturday, February 6th from 1:00 – 1:50 PM
Topic: “Singers and Sound: An Introduction to Tomatis Based Listening Training For Singers.”
- A General introduction to Tomatis and his views of how the ear and the voice are related
- The role of the ear in posture, breath, and singing
- Hands-on practice of “the listening posture”
- A short overview of the technology of listening, and the results that studies investigating its impact on singers have shown.
Schedule: (Individual audition times available Friday, January 22, 2015)
|Auditions: Friday, February 5th
||1:30 pm – 9:30 pm
|Teachers’ Breakfast Mtg: February 6th
||8:30 am – 9:20 am
|Auditions: Saturday, February 6th
||9:30 am – 12:30 pm
|Workshop: Saturday February 6th
||1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
|Awards / Recital: February 6th
||2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Location: Chandler-Gilbert Community College – 2626 E Pecos Rd Chandler, AZ 85225
Registration Deadline: Saturday January 9, 2016
- Online Registration Begins December 12, 2015 (Visit www.natsauditions.com)
- Registrations must be completed online by the teacher, by 11:59pm Jan 9, 2016.
- Conflicts must be submitted by the registration deadline. Accommodation cannot be guaranteed.
- Changes will not be accommodated after schedules are posted on January 22, 2016
Application Fee: $27
- Refund Deadline: January 29, 2016 (Refunds available in the amount of $25 only.)
- Additional Fee, if using Staff Pianist, is $36.00 (non-refundable)
Sponsoring Teacher Eligibility:
- National and Local NATS Chapter dues for 2016 must be paid by January 9, 2016.
- You must have at least four (4) consecutive hours of availability to adjudicate on both days, in order to be eligible to enter students. We need your flexibility to ensure coverage of all divisions.
- Teachers must complete the judging availability profile online.
Pianists and ORIGINALS:
- All singers must provide, transport AND produce for inspection at the registration table check-in, all ORIGINAL sheet music or books. If legal digital copies are used, the singer must produce documentation (e.g., publisher approval letter, or proof of purchase by the singer or parent,) – also to the judges if requested.
- Staff Pianist fee, covers audition, finals and the winners’ recital as needed. Students wishing to request outside rehearsal time may contact the pianist directly. Additional charges will be payable directly to the pianist:
- Amanda Sherrill (480) 466-4458 E-Mail: email@example.com
- Michael Snyder (518) 965-1145 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDF Music Delivery Deadline: January 9, 2016. If using the Staff Pianist, clearly marked pdf files of the score must be emailed directly to the pianist. However, the pianist must play from the original scores at the auditions.
Questions? Elisabeth Pehlivanian, Auditions Co-Chair (562) 761-9668
Email : email@example.com Stephanie Fox, Auditions Co-chair (520) 990-7879