AUDITION SCHEDULES PUBLISHED WED NOV 4, 2015 | Published Refund Deadline IS FRIDAY NOV 6th
SATURDAY WORKSHOP: Surviving the Dance Call / NSAL Competition Prep
Clinician: Singer, Dancer and Choreographer Molly LaJoie
Molly Lajoie is an award winning choreographer and has choreographed extensively throughout the valley at most of the professional theatres. Most recently she choreographed for Arizona Opera’s production of Florencia En El Amazonas. Some of her other credits include Gypsy (ariZoni nominee), The Producers (ariZoni Award), Curtains (ariZoni nominee), Nunsense, The King and I, and Childsplay’s national tours of School House Rock Live, Rock the Presidents and Peter and the Wolf. She has directed and choreographed for Valley Youth Theatre and Greasepaint as well as Pennsylvania Youth Theatre in Bethlehem, PA. Molly is also an actor and some of her favorite roles include White Christmas (Judy), The Will Rogers Follies (Ziegfeld’s Favorite–ariZoni nominee), Cats (Victoria), Company (Susan), Crazy for You (Tess), Beauty and the Beast (Babette), Seussical the Musical (Bird Girl) and Molly Sweeney (Molly). She was also a featured singer-dancer for An Evening with Rogers and Hammerstein with the Phoenix Symphony. Molly is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City. She teaches classes in the LOT Department at ASU and also is a teaching artist for Childsplay. She is in her third year of her company “Fall into Dance” which provides classes in Musical Theatre and Tap for adults and youth. She is represented by Dani’s Agency and you may catch her in a Goodwill commercial that is currently running!
Deadline Extended to October 25th
Registration for Valley of the Sun NATS Student Auditions (Fall 2015 Music Theater & Contemporary Commercial Music) HAS BEEN EXTENDED.
You now have until SUNDAY Oct 25, 2015 at 11:59pm to:
- Add Students – PLEASE check and DOUBLE check your list to be sure ALL Student information is complete.
- Change Repertoire – Any repertoire changes needed after Sunday must be submitted to the Auditions Chair via email (email@example.com)
- Report any student or judging conflicts via the “Support” link on the Home Page – any conflicts reported after Sunday cannot be taken into consideration.
- PAY to complete your registration (If you have not received a receipt for your payment, your registration is not complete.)
Reminder: As has been published on all prior communication, 2015 Local Chapter Dues were due by October 16th in order to be eligible to enter students in these auditions. Your membership status will be verified via www.nats.org on Monday Oct 26. Teachers who are not current at that time will be notified that their registrations are not valid, and will be refunded.
Docs for download:
VSNATS MT-CCM Auditions Category Definitions Fall 2015
VSNATS MT-CCM Student Info Worksheet Fall 2015
VSNATS MT-CCM Auditions General Info Fall 2015
Valley of the Sun Chapter NATS Student Auditions Fall 2015
Musical Theater and Contemporary Commercial Music
Dear NATS Colleagues,
The VSNATS Board has appreciated your patience during the implementation process of the new national guidelines for the upcoming auditions. We have reviewed the details and interfaced with both the audition scheduling website developer and the National Student Auditions Committe to ensure that the process will be as streamlined as possible for you. We have also received decisions from the NSA Comittee regarding the appeals we submitted last month, which are as follows:
1. We were approved to lower the CCM age.
The age has been lowered to 16 to accommodate any seniors looking to prepare for CCM/Worship Arts Programs. The hope is that in the future we may attract a new kind of student that would not have previously participated in NATS for the MT or Classical Categories. Please keep in mind that this is a separate category that has it’s own additional 3 song repertoire requirement.
2. We were approved to subdivide the Adult Category to separate Graduate Students or Music Degree Holders from avocational adults, with the understanding that Graduate Students under age 28 should also be encouraged to enter the National Musical Theater Competition. (The MT version of NATSAA)
3. We are approved to reduce the HS repertoire requirement from 3 to 2 for ONE YEAR ONLY.
We are now ready to accept student entries. If you have visited the site prior to now, please note the updated category names, and new entry order. We will do all that we can to clarify any questions that are not answered by the information provided with this message. Please review the attached documents. We look forward to a successful event that will help your students shine!
Alexis Davis-Hazell, DMA
Valley of the Sun Chapter President
AZ DISTRICT TEACHERS’ MEETING
District Governor Rachel Velarde has called a statewide teachers’ meeting to discuss the future of the auditions.
The purpose of which will be to reach a decision regarding making the Music Theater Auditions officially a district event rather than a chapter event, as have been done. The rotation schedule will also be discussed, as well as possible calendar year adjustments. Cold sandwiches may be ordered in addition to what is available in the hospitality room at an additional cost of $5, submitted with registration. Contact Dr. Velarde at Rachel.Velarde@gcu.edu
with any questions or items for the meeting agenda.
Weekend Schedule: (Individual audition times available November 2, 2015)
|Auditions: Friday, November 20th
||2:00 pm – 9:30 pm
|Auditions: Saturday, November 21st
||9:00 am – 12:00 pm
|Teacher’s Lunch Mtg: November 21st
||12:10pm – 1:10pm
|Workshop: November 21st
||1:15 pm – 2:15 pm
|Awards / Recital: November 21st
||2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: Church of the Beatitudes – 555 W Glendale Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Registration Deadline: October 23, 2015
- Registrations must be completed online by the teacher, by 11:59pm Oct 23, 2015.
- Online Registration Begins September 21, 2015 (Visit www.natsauditions.com)
- All Student and Teacher Conflicts must be submitted by the registration deadline.
- Changes will not be accommodated after schedules are posted on November 2, 2015
Application Fee: $27
- Additional Fee, if using Staff Pianist, is $36.00 (non-refundable)
- Refund Deadline: November 6, 2015 (Refunds available in the amount of $25 only.)
- National and Local 2015 NATS Chapter dues must be paid by October 16, 2015.
- In order to sponsor students for these auditions, teachers must commit to judging divisions not containing their students. Teachers must complete the judging availability profile online.
- Singers must provide and transport ORIGINAL sheet music or books for pianists. If legally downloaded music is used, the singer must show documentation (e.g., publisher approval letter, or proof of purchase by the singer or parent) at the registration table check-in, and to the judges if requested.
- Staff Pianist fee, covers audition, finals and the winners recital as needed. Students wishing to request rehearsal time may contact the pianist directly. Additional charges will be payable directly to the pianist for rehearsals:
- PDF Music Delivery Deadline: October 23, 2015. If using the Staff Pianist, clearly marked pdf files of the score must be emailed directly to the pianist. However, the pianist must play from the original scores at the auditions.