The 2nd Annual Cal-West Regional Auditions are approaching!
Las Vegas: Friday-Sunday, March 28-30, 2014.
All entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 7, 2014.
No late entries, incomplete/unsigned entry forms, or entries unaccompanied by the correct entry fee will be accepted.
Keep watch for a Cal-West Region Website which will soon be launched. The website (www.calwestnats.org) will have many great features that will include the ability to send payments via PayPal, updates for Chapter and District events, and other timely information relevant to members.
Proposed Schedule (still being finalized)
Well-known photographer Devon Cass will be at the event and is offering a special reduced rate headshot photo session for NATS participants.
- Czech diction by Dr. Laurie Lashbrook – University of Akron
- The National Opera Association (NOA) by Carol Ann Modesitt – NOA Regional Governor from Southern Utah University
- Regional Planning Meeting
- All Student Auditions
- Master class by mezzo-soprano Linda Di Fiore – University of North Texas & UC Santa Barbara.
- Tenor, John Duykers – General Director of First Look Sonoma and Lisa Sylvester – University of Southern California will present a creative role development master class session entitled “Instant Opera Pastiche.”
- “Winners Concert” will take place in the afternoon on Saturday where the teachers will all decide on a new “Best in the West” award as well as on a generously donated Full Scholarship (Tuition, Room & Board) to the Hawaii Performing Arts Festival for the best high school classical singer (Category III or IV).
NATS Cal-Western Regional NATSAA. We expect to have around ten finalists competing for a chance to advance to the national NATSAA round to be held in Boston this summer at the NATS Conference.