VSNATS Chapter Musical Theater Auditions at ASU
Nov 4-5, 2017
Saturday Nov 4: Student Auditions 9:00am-5:30pm
Sunday Nov 5: Masterclass & Winners’ Recital 12:00pm-4:30pm
Chapter Student Auditions Chair: Stephanie Fox
Registration is now open! Go to www.nats.org to register your students
Current Year National & Chapter Dues must be paid by: Saturday Sep 30, 2017
Online Registration Closes (11:59pm): Friday Oct 6, 2017
Staff Pianist PDF Music Delivery Deadline: Friday Oct 6, 2017
Schedules posted: Monday or Tuesday, October 16 or 17, 2017
Registration Fee: $28 per entry
Refund Deadline ($25 only): Saturday, Oct 21, 2017
Fee for official accompanist is $36 non-refundable (If you are concerned you may have to withdraw after the schedule is published, do not choose the staff accompanist)
- You must be available for the entire day on Saturday to adjudicate in order to be eligible to enter students. We need your flexibility to ensure coverage of all divisions. No one will be required to judge all day, and we will do our best to distribute the judging as evenly as possible.
- There is still the option to find a qualified NATS member to SUB that is not already entering students or on the auditions committee. The SUB may be submitted for the whole day or a part of the day you are unavailable. If you have a NATS-qualified substitute judge you may send an email with the individual’s name and contact information to the chair.
- No conflicts are being honored this year. It is only one day folks, either it is a priority or it’s not.
- Accompanists may play for 15 entries only (a student who enters both MT and CCM categories counts as TWO entries)
- Local chapter dues must be current (paid by Sep 30 2017) in order to be eligible to participate in these auditions. Membership renewal status will be verified before auditions scheduling, and registrations submitted by members with an expired chapter membership status will be automatically withdrawn. See posted deadlines. No exceptions.
Check out this document VSNATS Fall 2017 Musical Theater Auditions for instructions for how to register your students and more details.
Repertoire rules are generally far less stringent than in the past. Basically if the song is intended for stage (or a movie musical) – it works. Cabaret songs like Girl in 14 G or other such repertoire is NOT permitted. For the full list of rules and FAQs, please consult the national web site BEFORE you email your questions.
View Most Current National Student Audition Regulations Here