Hello Teachers, Singers and Accompanists!
Schedules for Download:
The NATS Musical Theater and Contemporary Commercial Music Auditions are this weekend! The schedules are set, the judges and accompanists have been assigned, and we are ready for a fantastic Friday and Saturday! We have no finals for any categories but we have had a few changes in the schedule since the first posting verify all of your students and ensure your accompanists are aware of your student’s times.
Please remember that any last minute repertoire changes must be submitted by Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM! We are printing them off for the judges so please double check just in case.
This NATS audition is being held at The Church of the Beatitudes at 555 W Glendale Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85201. Parking is located off of 7th Ave just south of Glendale Avenue, with additional overflow parking on the NW corner of Glendale and 7th Ave.
Our schedule for this weekend is as follows:
|Auditions: Friday, November 20th||2:00 PM – 9:30 PM|
|Auditions: Saturday, November 21st||9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Teacher’s Lunch Meeting: November 21st||12:10 PM – 1:10 PM|
|Workshop: November 21st||1:15 PM – 2:15 PM|
|Awards/Recital: November 21st||2:30 PM – 4:00 PM|
For teachers who are participating as judges, please review the resources at the following website, and be sure to watch the Adjudicator Video linked on the website: http://www.nats.org/nsaresources.html
Teachers, please remind your students of the following:
- Students need to check in 45 minutes before their audition time. Students must be prepared to show ID and original copies of their repertoire during check-in, and upon request by judges during the audition if requested. If the student is using printed copies of music, receipts or other proof of ownership must be available.
- Students are responsible to provide and transport their original sheet music or books to pianists at the time of the audition.
- Each student is allowed to bring one prop for their audition. A chair will be available to use in every room.
- Students are not required to introduce their repertoire as the judges will have their repertoire in front of them. The judges will be responsible to greet students and ask what piece the students will start with. Students can then sing their music in the order of their choice, and the judges will stop students at the appropriate time without penalty.
- Students are encouraged to observe other singers as part of the NATS auditions!