Download VSNATS Member Handbook (Ver 1) Nov13
Benefits of Membership
The Valley of the Sun Chapter of NATS offers its members and their students a variety of services:
- Education: Members have access to lifelong learning experiences such as master classes, workshops, and conferences, held at district, regional, and national levels.
- Journal of Singing: NATS members receive the Journal of Singing as a benefit of membership. Published five times annually, this scholarly journal features articles on all aspects of singing and the teaching of singing, written by distinguished scholars from around the world.
- Student Auditions: One of the benefits widely enjoyed by NATS members is the privilege of taking students to annual state and regional auditions, where they sing for a panel of teachers and receive positive comments and feedback on their work as singers and performers.
- Employment Opportunities: Members have access to an online database of positions currently available at colleges and universities across the United States and Canada. In addition, members may place their contact information on the Find a Teacher database, accessed regularly by students seeking private voice teachers in their areas.
- Networking: NATS has over 7,000 members, many of whom are faculty at colleges and universities worldwide. Most NATS teachers are active in performance as well, and have invaluable contacts in the professional worlds of both singing and teaching. Members may access contact information for any other members through the online directory.
- Reduced admission to VSNATS workshops
- Listing in the “Find A Teacher” database
- Full access to our web site: including member forum discussion, and access to protected documents (meeting minutes, officer reports, archival forms, shared teaching resources)
- Support for Young/New Teachers of Singing: NATS recognizes an ongoing commitment to support and encourage the development of teachers of singing who are beginning their careers with programs such as the NATS Intern Program, EMERGING LEADER AWARD and INDEPENDENT TEACHER FELLOWSHIP.
- For more information on these and other programs and benefits, see www.nats.org
Membership in the Valley of the Sun Chapter of NATS is open to members in good standing with NATS National (the National Association of Teachers of Singing). NATS members who have Emeritus status with the national organization (over age 68 with 20 continuous years of membership and approval of the Vice President for Membership) are eligible for Emeritus status in the VSNATS Chapter as well.
Chapter dues are currently $35 per year.
You have the opportunity to join Valley of the Sun NATS at the same time as you renew your NATS National membership. If you would like to join mid-year or if you are a new NATS National member, please email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you with questions regarding your membership.